On the 25th of September 2015 in Valencia will be organized the round table where members of the two boatmen organizations, EBA and IBLA, will meet politicians, port directors, representatives of the Porth Authority, representatives of the IMO in order to establish a debate focused on the job of the boatmen and all that concerns.
Following the program of the Round Table
- 09.30: Opening of the Conference by the General
Director of Merchant Marine of Spain
- 10.00: Round table on Port services , coordination and
legal issues: Chairman Mr. Ignacio Arroyo, Professor of Maritime Law,
University of Barcelona / Harvard. Members of this table includes
Director Port of Bilbao, Director Porto Valencia and Director Port of
- 11.00: Key note Speaker, Mr. Davies: Approach to
Mooring operations offshore, in opern waters, new safety models and
experiences as Chief Salvage and Mooring Officer.
- 11.30: Coffee break
- 12.00: Round table on Professional Standards, Training
programs and qualifications, Chairman Prof Sergio Carbone, Professor
of Maritime Law University of Genoa. Members will include
representatives of the European Commission, and different
organizations such as EBA and IBLA.
- 13.00: Presentation of Mooring and the IMO, by
Admiral Aliperta, permanent representative of Italy before IMO and Mr.
Ismael Cobos, permanent representative of Spain before IMO
- 13.45: Closing Presentation by President of Ports of Spain.